Monday 13 June 2011

Beetroot and goat's cheese salad

This is a salad inspired by my friend Lou Lou and a sandwich that we ate together last weekend in Oxford. I had no idea that beetroot and goat's cheese went together so well. You also need something nutty in this salad - I used toasted sunflower seeds, Lou Lou says she used walnuts in her version. You can replace the baby salad leaves with rocket for a more peppery flavour. I bought all my ingredients at Rectory Farm near Oxford, which is where I always stock up before going back to London. You can pick your own here, so this time we braved the thorny gooseberry bushes, as they won't be around for long and I hadn't eaten gooseberries in years. I cooked them for a few minutes before blending them with cinnamon, honey and natural yoghurt

Ingredients

Beetroot, cooked and peeled
Baby salad leaves
Crumbly goat's cheese
Toasted sunflower seeds
Good quality olive oil and balsamic vinegar
Garlic salt
Pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment