Tuesday 13 July 2010

Summery Polish food

Poland was unbelievably hot, just how I love it. If you are thinking of going, and you like your weather hot, go in June or July - for the past four years I have been going in August and always catching the storms. No more. I have brought back four great recipes from my stay, but I am not going to be able to write them up today, as I just flew in and I'm knackered. I thought I'd start off by uploading some photos of us (my mum) foraging for food (just buying it really). Most of it was from the local market, so it's all produced by local farmers, and cheaper than the supermarket, unlike in the UK






That's my mum up there with a massive, weird-looking strawberry that ended being a bit of a centre piece on the dinner table for the duration of my stay. The picture really doesn't do it justice, it was an incredibly avant garde piece of fruit


And that, below, is the butchers/meat shop where we get lots of delicious fresh meats, sausages and hams. As well as black pudding for the barbeque, of course. But more on that later. It's next door to the abattoir and I like the building because it reminds me of my childhood




1 comment: